- The Government estimates that 2.32 million households were in fuel poverty in 2014.
- 41% of households in lowest income domecile are in fuel poverty.
- It is estimated that over 40 000 people died from the cold in winter 14/15, a 15 year high
- Children living in cold homes are twice as likely to have respiratory problems.
- 75% of renters have NEVER switched energy provider.
Here at SPP, we believe that by engaging and working with the community we can tackle these sorry statistics and improve the environment that people live in. Our powerful network of partnerships will allow us to face these challenges’ head on and help communities improve the life of their citizens